Round 2 Competition
Congratulations to the 15 semi-finalists who progressed to Round 2 of the HIplan Competition!
- Ahualoa Farms: Proposes to revive a coffee industry on the Hamakua Coast.
- Ai Pono Mushrooms, LLC: Proposes to grow gourmet mushrooms for local restaurants and consumers.
- Alaka’i Academy: Proposes to build a new facility for its child-development center.
- Big Island Tiny Homes: Proposes to build small, affordable houses with concrete.
- Bokoa Farms: Proposes to process invasive waiawi (strawberry guava) wood into chips for smoking meat.
- Cocoa Outlet & The Chocolate Guy Hawaii: Proposes to build a warehouse and processing center for locally-grown chocolate.
- Empi Empi Foods: Proposes to cultivate the legume gandule (pigeon pea) both for food and for soil enhancement.
- Hawaii Farmers Exchange: Proposes new approaches to marketing locally-grown coffee and tea.
- Kona Coco Farms: Proposes to host new fields of dwarf coconut palms and market their products.
- Lava Zone Lifestyle, LLC: Proposes to manufacture presses for making cannabis “rosin”.
- Namaka Algae: Proposes to cultivate spirulina (blue-green algae) as a nutritional supplement.
- Renewable Ocean Energy, Inc.: Proposes to commercialize a hydroelectric generator that operates on shorelines.
- Spicy Ninja Sauce, LLC: Proposes to market its locally-produced line of hot sauces and condiments.
- Sunshine Pediatric Clinic, LLC: Proposes to expand access to pediatric medical services on Hawaii Island.
- The Water Machine: Proposes to market its countertop water purification system.